Lara visited the Saks salon in Halifax with concerns about her Rosacea. She’d suffered extreme redness, spots, outbreaks, and sensitivity since being a teenager. Now aged 32, she’d long since given up on ‘growing out’ of the condition and knew it was time to take matters into her own hands.
WHAT IS ROSACEA?Rosacea is a very common skin condition that affects around 1 in 10 people. It affects mainly the facial area and is usually found in people with paler skins (although it can still affect people of Asian/African origin). However, although it’s very common, it’s poorly understood. Symptoms often begin with flushes when the skin turns red for short periods. As the condition develops other symptoms will display too. These can include several or all of the following:
- permanent redness
- stinging/burning sensations
- skin blood vessels becoming more visible.
- exposure to sunlight
- extreme or very strenuous exercise
- hot or cold weather
- hot drinks
- alcohol and caffeine
- spicy or very hot foods
Rosacea is a relapsing condition. This means there may be times when the condition is less severe, followed by others when the symptoms visibly worse. With the changes to physical appearance that occur, it’s not surprising that many sufferers claim their psychological and social well-being is affected too.
WHAT LARA SAID
Lara chose Saks for her treatment as her mother had been there beforehand. When discussing her daughter with therapist Kath, it was suggested that Lara paid a visit too. “I was impressed,” says Lara. “Kath was very passionate about her work and obviously had a good understanding, so I decided to give the treatment a go.” Lara had tried everything in the past for her rosacea. After seeing a doctor, she was even referred to a specialist at the hospital. Some things worked for a while in certain areas but the results were patchy, and never lasted for long.
Peel: CosMedix Benefit Peel
As well as the treatments, Lara has also taken on board other advice from therapist Kath
1) Have patience. Great results take time and need investment from both sides. That means using the products regularly and properly. The results will come if you persevere.
2) Look at your general diet and lifestyle too. There’s no point in making changes from the outside if you’re not looking at an overall picture. Although Lara had a fairly healthy lifestyle, she still included junk food and ‘treats’. “Now, I’m much more careful with what I eat & drink,” she says. “I keep sugar to a minimum (although this is very difficult for me) and I try to cook from scratch wherever possible. It’s totally worth the effort.” THE OUTCOME Lara says, “My skin is not perfect but it is far, far better than it has been, probably since I was a teenager. It’s also nice that other people notice it. I now have the confidence to leave the house without applying loads of foundation and concealer, which probably didn’t help my skin! I’d absolutely recommend Cosmedix products. There’s no miracle cure, but combined with the extra effort of diet and lifestyle changes (more green leafy vegetables, Omega 3s, relaxation, cutting out sugar, reducing alcohol), I feel so much better.”
Medico Feedback We want to say a big thank you to Kath for achieving the incredible results we know are possible using CosMedix products and following the Medico Beauty Institute advice and training. Thank you to Lara for allowing us to use these images as a case study and congratulations for helping to inspire others who may also be suffering from Rosacea. This testimonial shows that with the correct treatment programme, it is possible to restore skin back to optimum health. If you are interested in being treated at your local medico certified salon, click HERE.